Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back to Work

Holy cow, these last few weeks have just slipped through my finger... like a slimy slug. I was in frantic mode on Monday because I needed to purchase a few gifts via the internet and still hadn't done so. I woke up at the (butt) crack of dawn to buy them before I headed off to work.

So let's see... here's the run down. I started back to work part time after Madsy was six weeks. Then I go back full time after Christmas. YIKES! At least the week after is only a 4-day work week with the holiday in there for Friday. But still. It's gone by way TOO fast. It would be nice to be part time for 6 months but I'm lucky I was able to work the arrangement I have now. No complaints or regrets.

Madison is growing up too fast. I can see that she is quickly growing out of clothes I SWEAR I just bought her two weeks ago. What?!? She is just a doll. A perfect little angel. Now I'm glad I had a girl. She's got so much hair and I can't wait to slap some bows/headbands on her. Tastfully of course.

James is just a maniac. That's all that can be said of a two year boy. Most times I can bribe him with a "popsicle" aka frozen gogurts.

Michael is a lot of help with the two. LOTS. Now that we kind of hit a groove, two kids aren't so bad. It's the whole falling into some sort of schedule that is working for us pretty well.

I'm back running and am loving every minute with BOB. He's pretty darn amazing. I'm looking forward to starting up our running club again. I'm weaning myself off the sweets. I've been on a sugar high ever since Thanksgiving. It's HORRIBLE. I'm like a crack addict... looking for my next chocolate fix. But I'm being real about it and am not going to really get into a diet/rigorous exercise until after the New Year.

This week is packed with lots of appointments, errands, and showing off the kids to coworkers, meaning a FULL schedule Thurs and Fri. I'm hoping to somehow shop for the rest of the christmas gifts, aka the majority of the remaining gifts, stocking stuffers, etc. I'm once again reaching panic mode. This year was supposed to be the year I was going to do it all early and have it all together.

Oh well! I'm hoping the kids will cooperate nicely for some photos. Family photos never work anymore. I might just have to take some of James and take some of Madison and randomly throw them together somehow. I'll make it work... somehow. No pressure!

Oh and look, it's already almost 10pm. See? Life is just falling through my fingertips. I can't believe how fast things go. If I had one more kid, I'm pretty sure it will all be just a big blur. Jana, I wonder how you must feel.

Wish me luck!

No comments: