Monday, April 2, 2012

Who cares about you, what about the kids?

I've realized I've been in a pretty bad slump. Chalk it up to the low sugar, low carb diet, no diet colas, and no guilty late night pleasures. I'm breaking free and saying enough is enough. I'm done with excuses. I am putting my foot down and saying I can juggle all them apples and make applesauce with the ones that fall!

This conference was pretty amazing. All that mom talk I've never even noticed struck me really hard. I need to be the example to my children and more importantly I need to help them recognize the spirit. I was bawling and in tears. This little guy has changed my entire life around:
 

8 months old this little Jackster! He is eating blueberries like they are going out of style, crackers, stepped it up in the world and is now eating goldfish, loves to chill, eat sno-cones, swing at the park. Jack still hates being on his tummy. He screams and I frequently find him in the plank position; arms straight, body parallel to the floor, butt off the floor, curling his tippy toes into the carpet. It's quite hilarious. I believe he is frustrated that he can't crawl. He is quickly getting the hang of it. I give him a few more weeks. Jack is on the slow track compared to the other two. He has these funny little screams that let you know he wants something. And sometimes I swear he understands what I'm saying and tries to talk back. I love my little Jacky Wacky. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby. Jack is officially sleeping in his crib (same room as James).

As for the firstborn:


I'm still trying to decide what to do with him. James is finally sleeping through the night in his own bed! Small miracles do still happen! He is still struggling very hard with speech and language. It effects everything he does. It can be very frustrating. Especially when he throws his little tantrums. I just have no idea what he wants. And it takes a long time to calm him down. Discipline is another mountain we are still climbing. At least for now he understands the concept of consequences. Despite his language delay, he is learning lots of new vocabulary every day. He just struggles with using all his words in a sentence. James' new fav food is a cheese quesadilla. Frozen blueberries and Doritos are his staples.

And I can't forget this wild child:


Madison is the daughter I swore I'd never have; ratty hair, dirty face, stained clothes, mismatched outfits, clumsy, and mischievous. The only other person I know who can trip on air is my MIL. It baffles me. We have an appointment with the optometrist scheduled very soon to check her eyes. Maybe she needs glasses? Madison looooooves Hello Kitty anything, is very considerate of James, and can eat candy all day long. She has a small jewelry box plum full of bracelets, necklaces, and sunglasses. Madison loves her pretty pretties. The highlight of the year was switching out her blue butterfly earrings with Mini Mouse earrings. One of my New Years Resolutions was to teach her how to ride the tricycle. No need, I found her riding it one day! I wanted to say, STOP! That is not allowed until I show you how! Madison has this tiny high pitched voice. It's so girly. Madison has fallen back to her baby ways; requesting a bottle of chocolate milk and running to her bed to act like a baby while reading a book. If there's a pacifier to be sniffed out, she will find it! Her shoes are always on the wrong feet (I find this hilarious!) But once you tell her she will switch them. She sleeps with us now because of night terrors and being afraid of the dark. Since she is such a light sleeper we let her stay in our bed. James grew out of it and I know she will too. My sweet little MP. She loves to be doted over and treated like a princess.

5 comments:

Bekka said...

I agree, Conference was so good. And those little kiddos of yours, adorable. Jack planking is the funniest thing I've heard of and now I need to see it in person!

Breanne said...

Amen to Bekka's comment ... down to wanting to see the plank!

I just caught up on several of your posts (why have I neglected blogging so badly?!) & they're all so good! You're such a go-getter! I am always amazed at the things you take on.

Let's get together soon. I'm glad Jack is such a blessing - it seems like life in the West Household is all in all good. : )

The Carpenter Family said...

Love it!! I agree, conference was great! Hey that diet you posted is it okay to follow if Iam still nursing? my body must be holding onto calories, cause I am killing myself at the gym and not seeing any results :(

Shannon said...

I love the descriptions of your kids-especially Madison:)

Shannon said...

I love the descriptions of your kids-especially Madison:)