My oldest, younger brother, Michael, and his wife came to visit from DC (#3 of 5 in the family line-up). Him and the rest of my brothers, BJ and Matt, went on a backpacking trip in West Clear Creek. My SIL then came towards the end and we met up with the boys in Oak Creek Canyon.
The kids did great camping this year - I will never forget the week of camping in Yosemite last year (Momma bear almost ate her children). And despite being 35 weeks pregnant, it all went O.K. The heat was intense during the day but it cooled off nicely at night. The water was cold and very refreshing.
Despite being here a week it seemed to have flown by. I'm so glad that I've got so many great boys in my life. They are hardworking, helpful, smart, and enjoyable to be around.
Benjamin, BJ, is here with us for the summer and will be putting in his mission papers! I am relieved to have help during the last month of this pregnancy and after the baby is born.
I didn't think I was going to be able to make it happen, but I was able to snap a shot of us before Mike and Chelsea left Sunday. Everyone cooperated even though we were getting down to the wire on time. And just look, even the kids are looking at the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, I'm amazed that you got such a great shot! We had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for being the perfect hostess.
Amazed at your ability to pull off a huge camping trip like that while being so pregnant :D but I should know by now just how amazing you are!
Glad you got to spend some fun times with your family :D
Post a Comment