Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Challenge

A goal Michael has set for me this month is to only spend $100 on food. That's about 1/4 of what I spend now. I'm up for the challenge.... nervous. But I think I can do it. Ok, realistically - I'm thinking $200. But we will see how close we can come to $100. I know a lot of people do it.. And JUST food, not including diapers, etc. I will send out an update every week. This could be really interesting or really boring. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

5 comments:

Denise said...

does that include eating out or just groceries? I want some specifics here before I follow you on your little quest.

Janalee said...

so I take it you'll be eating out of food storage too? (mmmmm, mayonnaise sandwiches again..)

Bianca said...

Includes eating out and some dipping into food storage.

The Young's said...

I'm sure this is possible! When I was at safeway, a lady saw me looking for the cheapest box of fruit snack for Mattson. They had a sale of 4/$8. However, the in-store ad had a coupon for 4/$4. Then, the lady handed me 2 50 cent off coupons when you buy 2 boxes. SO, I ended up spending only $2 total for 4 boxes of fruit snacks. Okay, sorry...long explanation. Meaning...one day, I'll understand coupons. This lady was so nice and sat there with me to make sure I understood what she was giving me! LOL

Good luck!

Jenny said...

100 dollars for the entire month? Really?