Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Funny Story

My sister was over last night and told me a little story about my nephew who is 9 years old. It went like this:
"Oh, I didn't tell you, did I"?
No, Tell me What?
"Ethan and I were at the IHS Hospital getting medicine".
Oh yeah? For what?
"This is the funniest story ever. You know how at IHS it takes forever to see the Doctor and even longer to get medication"?
Yeah. It sucks.
"Well anyway, after about two hours of waiting, Ethan was getting restless so I told him to go up to the counter and ask them how much longer it will take".
Yeah?
"Well you know how they always keep those wrappers in the box near the window"?
I knew what she was talking about.
"Well Ethan asked the person how long it was going to take and he saw the box and said, 'What's this'"?
OH NO! What did they say?
"They guy said, Oh they help your life, they help your heart. Those things change your life and we went on and on how they keep you healthy".
I'm cracking up inside.
"You know how Ethan is. He grabs a bunch of the wrappers in that box and sticks him in his pocket. I had no idea. So when we got home, Nate see's Ethan with a bunch of those wrappers and he yells, Ethan what are you doing with those!?! Ethan says what? I got them from the hospital, the guy said that they are for your heart and they keep you healthy. I was going to give them to Grandpa (my dad had a heart attack last year).
I'm practically on the floor dying.
Then Nate said, Ethan those are CONDOMS!
And then explained what they really are for.

4 comments:

Janalee said...

I would have said, 'Yah, go ahead and give them to grandpa' and then run and hide around the corner and watch the hilarity ensue.

Erin said...

I agree with Jana! That would have been a funny moment to remember!

Breanne said...

Or you could have told him to give them to all of his friends so they could 'be healthy' too - and then he would be the 'friend' to watch out for according to all the moms.

Except that wouldn't be a very good ending now would it?

Pretty funny. It's funny what that man's response was about them. hehe

mommy said...

That is HILARIOUS!!